Who Needs a Permit?
Persons required to be licensed by the State of Arizona to fish in Arizona must also obtain a City of Litchfield Park fishing permit from the Parks and Recreation Department located at 100 S. Old Litchfield Road in Litchfield Park.
Any child under the age of 6 must be accompanied by a person with a current license and permit. Annual and daily permits are available. All annual fishing permits expire one year from the date of issue. In order to obtain a permit a picture ID must be presented when purchasing the permit.
Annual fishing permit..................$20
Daily fishing permit.....................$ 5
Annual fishing permit..................$ 1
Annual resident guest permit......$ 5
When fishing, permits must be presented for inspection when requested by authorized City personnel.
A limit of a total of 6 fish per day per valid fishing permit is permitted for bass and/or catfish; however, no more than 4 of one species is allowed. There is no limit to the number of other fish that may be caught. Limits are set by the Parks and Recreation Department for City sponsored special events.
- Fishing is restricted to 1 line per person and no more than 1 hook per line
- Barbed hooks are prohibited
- Gigs, spears, explosives, firearms, air rifles, electronic shocking devices, nets, traps, and bows are prohibited
- Cleaning of fish at lakeside is prohibited
- Dead fish, trash, and/or litter, including lures, hooks or fishing lines, must be disposed of in a trash receptacle or removed from the premises
Harming waterfowl in any manner or by any means is strictly prohibited.