The City requires any business located or conducting business within the City limits to obtain a separate City Business License for each location or place of business. Please see the City Map to determine if you will be conducting business within the legal limits of the City of Litchfield Park. All licenses are valid for one year, January 1 through December 31.
Business License Fee
The business license fee is $55.00 with a one-time application processing fee of $10.00, for a total of $65.00. The City does not prorate the license fees.
Business License Renewals
Renewal forms are sent electronically via DocuSign at the end of November for all active accounts that have a valid email address on file, and mailed for those businesses without an email address. Once received, please complete the form and submit any changes along with a renewal fee of $55.00. Renewal fees are due by January 1 and shall be considered delinquent if not received on or before the 15th of January. If a renewal form is not received by December 15th, please e-mail a request to firstname.lastname@example.org or call our office at 623-935-4364.
The business license application can be submitted in three ways:
- Electronically: The City offers secure electronic application submittal through DocuSign. The payment can be made via credit/debit cards online or by mailing a check. Click on the following link: DocuSign
- Mailed: If you prefer to print and complete the application on paper, click on the following link: printable application (PDF). Payment can be made by mailing the application and a check to City of Litchfield Park, Business Licensing, 214 West Wigwam Boulevard, Litchfield Park, Arizona 85340.
- In person: Applications can be obtained and/or submitted at City Hall, 214 West Wigwam Boulevard, Litchfield Park, Arizona 85340. Payment options include, cash, check, or credit/debit cards.
For all businesses with a Transaction Privilege Tax (TPT) liability, a current TPT License number is required to be submitted with your application (current location/address must match your current business address). A TPT License may be obtained at the AZ Department of Revenue website – www.aztaxes.gov or call 602-255-3381 for more information. For additional City TPT information please see Transaction Privilege (Sales) Tax.
Business License Exemptions
There are two business license exemptions defined in City Code (8-2-1):
- Special events: Business licenses are not required for vendors attending City permitted special events (public events in the City.).
- Residential rental property owners and residential property management companies are exempt from the business license requirement.
Although these activities are exempt from business licensing, transaction privilege (sales) tax activity occurring in the City limits is required to be reported and paid to the City of Litchfield Park through the Arizona Department of Revenue. For more information please see Transaction Privilege (Sales) Tax.
Hand Delivery of Flyers, Cards and Coupons
There are restrictions on hand delivery of flyers, cards and coupons to Litchfield Park residences. For information, please see Handbills Register List.
The Business Directory lists licensed businesses that are located in the City limits and have elected to be included on the list. Please see the Business Directory to search by category or business name.
The Arizona Commerce Authority's Checklist Program to Start, Operate and Grow a Business in Arizona is a free, interactive tool designed to guide start-up, growing and out-of-state businesses to commonly requested licensing information. It also includes contact information to statewide resources and assistance to accelerate your business growth. Visit www.azcommerce.com/smallbiz.